tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11 Http11Protocol.java
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:22:19 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> luehe@apache.org wrote:
>
>> luehe       2003/08/11 14:44:49
>>   +    public void setProtocols(String k) {
>>   +        setAttribute("protocols", k);
>>   +    }
>>   +
>

> This probably should be "sslProtocols", no ?

Hmm, but that would make it inconsistent with Http11Protocol's
"setProtocol" method, which sets an attribute named "protocol".

Remember I raised this issue after adding the "sslProtocol" property
to CoyoteConnector?

        > >>Well, protocol for HTTP and AJP is the accurate name.
Protocol for the
        > >>secure layer is also the right name (note that this parameter is
        > >>remarkably useless, as everything supports TLS now, and the
old SSL2 is
        > >>supposedly insecure).

My understanding is that the property names are mapped as follows:

         Connector               Http11Protocol
         sslProtocol(s)    ->    protocol(s)

Jan