tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 5.0.7 stability rating
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:05:44 GMT
Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
>>> I'm working on (1) ( (2) will be easy once (1) is fixed) now and hope
>>> to have something soon.
>> Great, I don't care about either ;-)
> lol :-)
>> None of this is critical for a beta (off by default, and it is so slow
>> you'd have to be crazy to enable it).
> Then I'm crazy :-) (to debug Xerces yes I'm crazy)
>> I don't understand what you mean in (2): TLD validation is not
>> implemented ?
> I mean it is impossible to turn on xml validation ( the getter/setter
> are not implemented, so the default value is always set to false ).
> Costin's re-factoring was too agressive :-)

Validation works from the deployer (which is IMO a better place that on
the server side in most cases). Of course, that won't add TLD
validation, if it's indeed missing.

This is not a critical issue as far as I am concerned, however. Given
the timing, I'll push for 5.0.7 to be a first beta unless there's a
showstopper issue. We need as much beta time as we can get to test and
debug Tomcat by the time the spec is released. Otherwise, this is not
going to work, and trying to release a "perfect" beta doesn't make sense
(if you think a first beta is going to be perfect, you can look at the
initial .0 releases of each branch to see how perfect the first stable
releases have been - no matter what, we'll find serious bugs given
enough testers :) ).

View raw message