tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 5.0.7 stability rating
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:23:50 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> <ballot>
> [X ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> </ballot>
>
> <plea>Please vote :)</plea>
>
> Add comments if needed.

(1) Xerces validation doesn't work (seems the way we load the DTD is
incorrect, producing the current error...but wait, we never know with
Xerces ;-) ). Since validation was by default supported in 4.x, I'm
considering this a regression.
(2) When ContextConfig was refactored, TldConfig was created but it is
impossible right now to turn on xml validation (the implementation is
missing). Knowing how it may sometimes create the proper TLD, I think
the functionality needs to be implemented.

 I'm working on (1) ( (2) will be easy once (1) is fixed) now and hope
to have something soon.

-- Jeanfrancois