tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler JspDocumentParser.java
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:21:47 GMT
Kin-Man Chung wrote:

> I don't think this patch is correct.  The order that the methods
> startPrefixMapping and endPrefixMapping are called is properly nested,
> so a stack is appropiate.  Take for instance the follow xml fragment
>
> 1 <foo xmlns:my="mytaglib">	<!-- namespace for my taglib -->
> 2    <bar xmlns:my="nottaglib"/> <!-- this namesapce is not a taglib -->
> 3    <my:doThat/>		<!-- Is this a taglib invokation? -->
> 4 </foo>
>
> The order that those methods will be called is:
>
> At line 1: startPrefixMapping("my", "mytaglib")
> At line 2: startPrefixMapping("my", "nottaglib")
> At line 2: endPrefixMapping("my") 	# for nottaglib
> At line 4: endPrefixMapping("my")	# for mytaglib
>
> According to your patch, pageInfo.popPrefixMapping() will be called
> resulting in Line 3 above not being interpreted as a tag handler
> invokation.
>
> This probably does not matter, as I simplify the logic here and remove
> the stack altogeterh.

I don't care about this patch, however, there was a NPE trying to
compile (or precompile) xml/xml.jsp from the examples. With the patch,
the JSP runs fine. So you can remove my patch if you fix the underlying bug.

It should be pretty obvious: just rebuilding Tomcat from scratch causes
the problem (as it attempts to precompile the JSP examples webapps). It
starts being critical at this point to test for regressions as much as
possible when committing.

ant clean
ant
ant run-tester