tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Breaking the build
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 13:14:23 GMT
I don't know if there are any build from scratch scripts out there, I am sure
there is because of the nightly build process. I wanted a script that pulls
everything from scratch and does a full build so I can test that occasionally
for myself.

Attached (hopefully) is a shell script. I've only tested it in cygwin but it
should work fine in any sh compatible *nix. (The script is very simple and
anyone with minimal shell experience can easily tweak this)

When you run this script it will create a subdirectory called "buildtc5" and
use that as a starting point for pulling everything from cvs and use the
"download" task to put everything in buildtc5/includes as well as the
checkout task to pull the rest of the source dependences. The only
prerequisites to running the script are
- JAVA_HOME must be defined and you need jdk1.4
- ANT_HOME must be defined
- cvs must be in your PATH

WARNING: This script uses the anonymous cvs to pull everything and tries to
append to $HOME/.cvspass the anonymous userid password combo.

- plop the attachment in some empty directory
- run it and wait
- to clean up - "rm -fr buildtc5"

-Tim