tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arc...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Xerces location and bug
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:08:58 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just realized that when you install Tomcat 5 from a fresh
>> workspace, Xerces is not copied under common/endorsed. I don't
>> remember what was the decision regarding Xerces. Have we decide to
>> completely remove it? If yes, then we shoud remove the dependency in
>> build.properties and unpdate the RELEASE-NOTES. What was the decision?
>

> It's my fault (sorry), and there was a decision about that (but I don't
> remember when it happened). I did it in April, for Tomcat 5.0.2 (looking
> at the CVS logs). I suppose putting it back could be considered.

I agree. the xmlXXX element are still available on the <host> element so
we should still support it. I can work on putting it back if everybody
agree.

> Xerces is included with the deployer, where it is used for webapp
> validation (which works good for me in the deployer), so it shouldn't be
> removed completely.

Strange.I think the web.xml is not mapped to the proper dtd (IMBW) when
used from the endorsed dir.

>> Also, when turning xml validation on with Xerces, all app throw the
>> following:
>>
>> SEVERE: Parse Error at line 5 column 10: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the
>> declaration of element 'web-app'.
>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration
>> of element 'web-app'.
>>         at
>> org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
>> Source)
>>         at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown
>> Source)
>>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
>> Source)
>>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
>> Source)
>

> ?
> That's a bit odd. What's that: cvc-elt.1 ?

Same things here....I really like debugging cvc-elt.1 ;-)

-- Jeanfrancois