tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xerces location and bug
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:00:01 GMT
Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just realized that when you install Tomcat 5 from a fresh
> workspace, Xerces is not copied under common/endorsed. I don't remember
> what was the decision regarding Xerces. Have we decide to completely
> remove it? If yes, then we shoud remove the dependency in
> build.properties and unpdate the RELEASE-NOTES. What was the decision?

It's my fault (sorry), and there was a decision about that (but I don't
remember when it happened). I did it in April, for Tomcat 5.0.2 (looking
at the CVS logs). I suppose putting it back could be considered.

Xerces is included with the deployer, where it is used for webapp
validation (which works good for me in the deployer), so it shouldn't be
removed completely.

> Also, when turning xml validation on with Xerces, all app throw the
> following:
>
> SEVERE: Parse Error at line 5 column 10: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the
> declaration of element 'web-app'.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of
> element 'web-app'.
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
> Source)

?
That's a bit odd. What's that: cvc-elt.1 ?

> I'm gonna investigate and try to come with a fix before sunday

Remy