tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arc...@Sun.COM>
Subject Xerces location and bug
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:57:48 GMT
Hi,

I've just realized that when you install Tomcat 5 from a fresh
workspace, Xerces is not copied under common/endorsed. I don't remember
what was the decision regarding Xerces. Have we decide to completely
remove it? If yes, then we shoud remove the dependency in
build.properties and unpdate the RELEASE-NOTES. What was the decision?

Also, when turning xml validation on with Xerces, all app throw the
following:

SEVERE: Parse Error at line 5 column 10: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the
declaration of element 'web-app'.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of
element 'web-app'.
         at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)

I'm gonna investigate and try to come with a fix before sunday

Thanks,

-- Jeanfrancois