tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tomcat-5.0.5 cannot access jar resources in WEB-INF/lib but o nly unzipped in WEB-INF/classes
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 09:27:35 GMT
Harmsen, Jan wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>>Any update on this ? This is obviously a big problem if the issue is
>>valid, so I'd really appreciate your help.
>
> Hi Remy,
>
> I set up a test case and it looks like it's a Tomcat-5 problem.
> The webapp works on Tomcat-4.1, on Tomcat-5.0 the resources within
> xsd.resources.jar cannot be reached.

I did examine the Eclipse code, and it is invalid (you must not attempt
to access other CL controlled resources based on another URL which was
returned by the CL).

However, I did add a workaround in the CL which makes your test case
work, but which has a performance penalty on first access to a JAR. I
think avoiding resource leak is more important.

Remy