tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release mod_jk 1.2.5
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:11:55 GMT
Henri Gomez a écrit :

> Kurt Miller a écrit :
>
>> From: "Henri Gomez" <hgomez@apache.org>
>>
>>> It was u_long before I change it in in_addr_t and then change
>>> it back to u_long.
>>

>> Oh. I guess I should have done a bit more research.;-) I just started
>> attempting to get mod_jk going on sparc64 a few days ago. However,
>> using a
>> u_long for laddr is the cause of jk_resolve failing on
>> OpenBSD/sparc64. The
>> memcpy at the end copies all zeros into rc->sin_addr when u_long is used.
>>
>> There are some other issues going on with mod_jk OpenBSD/sparc64, so
>> its not
>> yet working even with this corrected. Given that, it may not make
>> sense to
>> hold up the release for this. I will need to put in more time to
>> investigate
>> the next issue.
>>
>> OpenBSD-3.3/sparc64 uses Apache 1.3.27 so this is not an issue with
>> the new
>> APR code. I tested releases 1.2.1 - 1.2.5 on OpenBSD/sparc64 and they all
>> don't work. It wasn't until recently that I had time to start
>> investigating
>> it. I'll post patches here as I make progress.
>

> The correct behaviour will be to use in_addr_t, but it don't works on
> iSeries (even if it's defined, I couldn't find the correct include).
>
> To fix the problem we could use a #define BSD64 ? to make use of
> in_addr_t until we make more works ?
>
> Just provide the correct defined var for BSD/SPARC64

 From my Linux manual :

INET(3)                   Manuel du programmeur Linux
INET(3)

NOM

        inet_aton,    inet_addr,    inet_network,   inet_ntoa,
inet_makeaddr,
        inet_lnaof, inet_netof - Routines de manipulation d’adresses
Internet.

SYNOPSIS

        #include <sys/socket.h>

        #include <netinet/in.h>

        #include <arpa/inet.h>

        int inet_aton (const char *cp, struct in_addr *inp);

        in_addr_t inet_addr (const char * cp);

        in_addr_t inet_network (const char * cp);

        char * inet_ntoa (struct in_addr in);

        struct in_addr inet_makeaddr (int net, int host);

        in_addr_t inet_lnaof (struct in_addr in);

We're using inet_addr()...