tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/admin/connector connector.jsp
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2003 05:49:43 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amy Roh" <amyroh@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/admin/connector
connector.jsp

> > The AJP connector still lies,
>
> Can you tell me what the discrepancy is in AJP connector?  I just
> followed the doc.

AJP has a separate config method (the $CATALINA_HOME/jk2.properties file)
that will override server.xml.  However, the Protocol won't report the
correct values (due to Costin's design considerations).  It's not an admin
problem, it's a problem with the AJP Protocol.  The patch belongs in the AJP
Protocol, so I'll do this one (since Costin is currently AWOL ;-).

Looking at the latest, you (or I, if I get the time) can remove the
"scheme", "secure" and "Enable DNS Lookups" rows for the AJP connector.
They are all handled by the Apache configuration, and Tomcat ignores them
(or, rather, trusts the values that it gets from Apache).

It would be good for a future product to allow you to configure an AJP
connector from the admin without requiring that you also configure
jk2.properties.  However, I can wait on this.

> > All of my Connectors (http, https, ajp) show blanks for the "Processors"
> > section (even for those that I've explicitly configured in
'server.xml').

> What do you mean?  There is no longer "Processors" section.  I got rid
> of maxProcessor and minProcessor from the page since they're deprecated.
>   Instead, admin now shows maxSpareThreads, maxThreads, and
minSpareThreads.

> Thanks for the comments.  :-)

It seems that I co'ed too early.  You are correct, and the http(s) Connector
values all look good.