tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: URI Space and smarter hand off between Apache/Tomcat
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:55:26 GMT
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, P. Brewer wrote:

> I found the following thread from a year ago:
> Basiclly discussing a JkNotMount for excluding images and other
> static content from being passed to Tomcat.  I can't tell that
> anythin was done.
> Was it shot down for a technical reason?  Just didn't get implmented?
> Or is implemented and not documented?  I can help with C code, but
> probably not much help with Java code.

You would probably be better off to just make mod_jk* properly support
Apache (and other webserver) configuration directives such as Directory
and Files, then use them to control what gets passed on to tomcat.

Having mod_jk trying to do parsing based on filenames on disk is a
very bad idea for performance and security reasons, especially on
win32 platforms.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message