tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathias af Jochnick" <mathias.af.jochn...@mblox.com>
Subject servletcontext weird nullpointerexception
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:59:06 GMT
Hello all,

I have a Servlet that I've setup in the /conf/web-xml file, i.e. not in a
web-app.

It works fine, except for that when I in the doGet() method call
getServletContext(), tomcat throws a nullpointerexception!

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.getServletContext(GenericServlet.java:205)

Can anyone shed a light on why this is happening?

My workaround is a reference to the ServletContext in the class, that I
assign in the init()-method, because I can get the ServletContext from the
ServletConfig init-parameter.

/Mathias