tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Oxley, David" <>
Subject jk_nt_service
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:15:53 GMT
Tomcat developers,

Can I suggest we bring back jk_nt_service.exe for running Tomcat as a
service for 5.0.x? It works perfectly fine with TC4.1 and is a lot more
flexible and easier to use for the end users. Plus I have had several
crashes of the JavaService exe that is currently distributed with TC.

I also wrote a Service Manager for it a couple of years ago. We've been using it
at my company for the last couple of years and find it extremely useful.

If there is nobody to maintain it, then I volunteer.