tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Algesten <mar...@taglab.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet JspServlet.java
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:00:40 GMT
> You're using in your argument the most extreme example ;-)
> Here, it's only revealing the technology used. This is very little,
> and not any more revealing than a ".jsp" extension.

Well, at least it sort of illustrated my point (sledgehammer to crack a
Yes the header itself doesn't reveal much, but there's also inferred
knowledge such as "the existence of this header indicates possible TC >
5.0.x". But then you didn't mind having the config switch so why am I
sending this email?

Martin