tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James Courtney" <Jcourt...@inphonic.com>
Subject RE: Could you give some help for me (about mod_jk for solaris 9)
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:01:16 GMT
P.S. To the developers.  I can build with both ant and with configure for both jk using the
1.2.4 download and jk2 using the 2.0.2 download.  While this doesn't make me a rocket scientist,
these do seem to be troublesome tasks for many users who are new to the program.

To get the ant to work I had to add a jk/jkant directory copied from CVS and make some small
modifications to the build.xml files as for jk solaris is omitted in a couple of places.
It seems as though it would be pretty easy to just include jk/jkant in the mod_jk and mod_jk2
releases going forward and to fix the minor solaris bugs  in the mod_jk build.xml to allow
users to just use ant going forward.  I'm happy to document this build process or all of the
above build processes and put them somewhere in CVS is someone wants to point me to the right
location.  I'll also happily provide the two lines to be added in the mod_jk build.xml to
allow for solaris to work correctly (at least 2.8).

Feedback?

Thanks!

Jamey

James Courtney
InPhonic, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Courtney
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 11:33 PM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Cc: jon@latchkey.com
Subject: RE: Could you give some help for me (about mod_jk for solaris 9)

This worked for me on Solaris 8 this evening:

Make sure you have properly compiled and installed Apache 2.x and Tomcat 4.1.24.  We'll call
these installation directories apache2.home and tomcat4.home.

Also make sure you have recent versions of m4, automake, and autoconf installed from www.sunfreeware.com.

Set the environment variable M4 to the location of your GNU m4 executable.

For example in bash: export M4=/usr/local/bin/m4

Download jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.4-src.tar.gz from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.4/src/
and extract it to some directory, well call it jk.build.

cd ${jk.build}/jk/native

execute buildconf.sh

execute ./configure --with-apxs=${apache2.home}/bin/apxs

execute make

Locate mod_jk.so from the ${jk.build}/jk/native/apache-2.0 directory and copy it to your ${apache.home}/modules
directory.  Just add the line
LoadModule jk_module ${apache.home}/modules/mod_jk.so
to your ${apache.home}/httpd.conf file and follow the configuration instructions for httpd.conf
and workers.properties given at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.4/doc/.

Good luck!

Jamey