tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Expose pre-compiled JSPs without servlet mapping
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:06:46 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:
> How will phantom pages be addressed? Pages where the jsp once existed
> but then was deleted, but the corresponding class was not deleted?

That's why I suggested an option for JspServlet that would disable this
"optimization" and require a servlet mapping for each precompiled JSP.

But your're right, in the case where the optimization is enabled,
phantom pages will be served, so you better know what you're doing when
turning on this optimization.

However, based on your and Remy's comments, I've decided to not add this
feature: too much headache for a small gain (reduced web.xml size).

Thanks,

Jan