tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet JspServlet.java
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:47:45 GMT
Remy,

>> So I guess we have no choice but make it configurable (or not support
>> it at all, which I don't think is an option), but since you've agreed
>> that we should make this a configurable option (provided it is added
>> at the right places), this is no longer an issue.
>>
>> I just committed a revised impl of this (and reverted my previous
>> commit).
>

> Ok, cool :)

one comment, though: By adding the xpoweredBy property to
CoyoteConnector instead of Host/Context, we get the

response header even for static resources. You could argue that this is
OK, since static resources are handled by the DefaultServlet, but it may
not be very intuitive.

By defining the xpoweredBy property on Host/Context instead, and adding
the response header in StandardWrapperValve (as in the original commit),
we could suppress the header if the servlet being invoked is an instance
of org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.

What do you think?

Jan