tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 MapperListener.java
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:46:36 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> jfarcand@apache.org wrote:
>
>> jfarcand    2003/07/22 21:02:29
>>
>>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>>                         MapperListener.java
>>   Log:
>>   When using the embedded interface (or jmx directly), context are
>> never removed because of this condition (mapper.removeContext is
>> never called).
>>     Then if you re-deploy the same app, The Mapper will maps the http
>> call to the first Mapper's context object, which is an invalid
>> (orphan) object. The client always receives a 503 (since the context
>> is invalid and marked as unavailable).
>>     Removing the condition doesn't have any side effect (but fix the
>> problem).
>

> Really ? Doesn't it cause problems if there are multiple engines ?

I was first able to reproduce the problem with 3 engines, but now I can
reproduce it with only 1 engine.
I will try to come up with a better solution if I can find a case were
the condition is required and breaks the mapper. I'm working on
it.....Or at least come with a better description of the problem :-)

-- Jeanfrancois