tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet JspServlet.java
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:16:32 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

 > BTW, I don't see why the spec saying that the header is optional implies
 > that the flag must be implemented as something optional. It merely means
 > that an implementation may ignore completely this feature.

Actually, the Servlet spec is going to say this:

   Note that this header [X-Powered-By] is optional, but if the
   container supports this feature, it must be configurable to suppress this
   header.

So I guess we have no choice but make it configurable (or not support
it at all, which I don't think is an option), but since you've agreed
that we should make this a configurable option (provided it is added
at the right places), this is no longer an issue.

I just committed a revised impl of this (and reverted my previous commit).

Jan