tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet JspServlet.java
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:08:41 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:

> Could an alternative be to introduce a Valve which does the equivalent
> of mod_headers?

Well, I'm trying to reduce the stack trace length of the default
installation, so I don't think this is a good idea.
Jan's implementation was right IMO in the respect of where approximately
to insert the headers. I don't see how you could insert the JSP header
anywhere but in Jasper.

However, I'm against how it's configurable, because we'd have 400 flags
in Context and Host if every setting was like that one (and the place of
insertion should be refined).

Remy