tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [5.0] [PROPOSAL] Make output buffer size limit configurable
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:24:51 GMT
>>It can also be useful if you have a client that doesn't support "chunked
>>encoding" - which is probably true for a _lot_ of scripting tools.
>>If there is any other way to have the response not use chunked encoding,
>>then I agree this is not needed.
>>
>>Do we still support HTTP/1.0 or some request header to disable the
>
> encoding?
>

> AFAIK, the HTTP/1.0 support for Tomcat-Coyote-Standalone is nearly identical
> to Apache/httpd.

I noticed that if I send a request specifying HTTP/1.0 as the protocol
version, and the response exceeds the output buffer, TC returns an
HTTP/1.1 response with neither a "Content-Length" nor a
"Transfer-Encoding: chunked" header.

I would have expected it to include a "Content-Length" header. Would you
agree?

Jan