tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: [RFC] Handling the '*' URL
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:29:53 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> This is really a Request-For-Comments, I'm not proposing anything.  I'm
> looking into resolving Bug #21454.
> At the moment, requests for e.g:
>   OPTIONS * HTTP/1.1
>   TRACE * HTTP/1.1
> get properly handled by TC 5 (thanks to Keith's patch), buy passing them to
> DefaultServlet.  However, the '*' URL is really a HTTP Protocol URL, so it
> seems to me that it really should be handled by the Connector instead of the
> Servlet.  On the other hand, we have access to the rich Servlet-API
> implementations (Ok, so I don't in 3.3-land, but I can fake it ;-).  So my
> problem is that I can't see the correct route to go here.
> Opinions?

I'm only talking about OPTIONS here. TRACE is protocol specific for all
URLs (but I don't care about it ;-) ).

I think it should be handled by the servlet, because for example you can
replace the default servlet by the WebDAV servlet, and then it should
return the DAV methods.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message