tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Object pooling performance
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:17:42 GMT
Peter Lin wrote:
> I second remy's summary. from first hand experience with JSP with 200 tags,
> tag pooling provide significant performance improvement. From what I saw in
> OptimizeIt, with jasper1 and 200+ tags per page, garbage collection was happening
> frequently and full GC was occuring way too often.
>
> with tag pooling in jasper2, that changed the GC behavior and resulted in significant
> improvement with 5 or more concurrent requests.

Also, thread local pools from TC 5 should help solve syncing issues. Of
course, it would be hard to do a straight comparison given that TC 5 has
a significantly lower overhead than TC 4.1.
Maybe using the Jasper 2 binaries from TC 4.1 to replace the ones from
TC 5 could yield a fair comparison.

Remy