tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: [5.0] Removing session recycling code
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:08:54 GMT
I agree that session recycling can be a security problem but am concerned
that removing recycling will significantly increase GC overhead.  I would
like to see some before and after GC data from testing where 1000's of sessions
get used per hour.  Testing with different versions of the JVM would be needed
since GC performance varies a great deal between JVM's.

Regards,

Glenn