tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rau NF <nf_rau_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat under load problems - Use 'java -Xss' to increase default stack size
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:43:17 GMT
Hi - My apologies for posting on this but we really
need some help on this.

We have seen this problem showing up on Tomcat 4.1.24
(/JDK 1.4.2 from Sun/Linux) after running tomcat for a
few hours.

Fatal: Stack size too small. Use 'java -Xss' to
increase default stack size.

We have set the stack size to 1024k (and also 1536k)
and we still get this error. Heap size is -Xms/Xmx 1.5
Gb. We are running RedHat 8.x (Linux 2.4.18-19.8.0smp
#1 SMP Thu Dec 12 04:36:25 EST 2002 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linu)

Not sure if this is an application bug (recursion) or
something to do with Tomcat. There is no other error
message/exception in any of the tomcat log files.

Is there a way to track this down by enabling verbose
Tomcat logging ? Any pointers will be *****very,
very***** helpful

Thanks

S Rau