tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <>
Subject Re: Object pooling performance
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:46:51 GMT

Costin Manolache <> wrote:
On the other hand, I've seen pages where JSP tag pooling was worse.

That's why I think per page customization, and supporting per-thread pooling
are very important. This is a "fine-tune" operation for pages that are
frequently accessed, not a "one size fit all" problem.

I've also seen this happen for pages that only have a couple tags. from my own benchmarks,
pages with less than 40 tags are better off not using tag pooling. the per page fine-tuning
is a nice way to maximize performance :)

Do you Yahoo!?