tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Volk" <>
Subject CoyoteRequest and it's empty setRequestURI() method
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:12:26 GMT
Can anyone explain why the setRequestURI() method in

is an empty method?  The reason I ask is that this disables one from
changing the requestURI on a Request from within a valve.  I discovered
this when I upgraded from Tomcat 4.0.6 to 4.1.24 and my custom valve
broke.  It took a spin through the source code to figure out the problem.

Could it be that this was done for a valid connector reason, but usage
from valves was not thought of?  Or am I missing something?  (This IS a
method defined in the Request interface).  I _did_ do as much research as
possible before hitting the list, but the code comments, etc. do not state
a reason for CoyoteRequest not implementing this interface method...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have only 6 business days left
at this client, and this is impacting the ability to finish this Tomcat
upgrade.  Work-arounds are acceptable at this point too ;-)

Chris Volk
RedWolf Consulting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: