tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "NAIK,ROSHAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <roshan.n...@hp.com>
Subject Tomcat4 , mod_jk2 & AF_UNIX connections
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:19:46 GMT

mod_jk2 allows for AF_UNIX connections to talk to Tomcat4.
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/jk2/conf
igwebex.html)

So lets say we specify /tmp/jk2.socket as the AF_UNIX file socket for
communication
between mod_jk2 and Tomcat4. We can tell mod_jk2 in the workers2.properties
about this.
I assume that Tomcat4 would also have to be told to listen on this file
rather than
on Port 8009. But the Tomcat docs dont seem to say a thing about how to go
about doing this.

So I looked into the CoyoteConnetor.java to see if i could find something.
But i dont see any support for that in it either. Where is the support for
this functionality implemented in
tomcat and how do you configure Tomcat to take requests from this AF_UNIX
socket file ?

anyone knows about it?
--Roshan