tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Reginald Oake <rego...@assistants.ca>
Subject JasperException
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:26:37 GMT
Hi.

I have been developing web apps using Tomcat for a couple of years now
and just recently ran into a problem that has me somewhat stumped.

Recently, whenever I edit a jsp file and then go to a browser to reload
it I get an error indicating that the jasper compiler is having some
difficulty with the file as follows...

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

--- The error message continues with a stack trace the bottom of which
is as follows...

	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

This happens even when I take a working copy of the file from my
production server and replace the one I am editing and then reload it in
my browser.

I am not sure what else to say about this except that I would appreciate
any help I can get on this.

Thank you,

Reg