tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Chen Shaopeng <chen_shaop...@idsignet.com>
Subject question on dynamically loaded realms
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:57:13 GMT
Sorry if this question should not posted on this list. This is just a
question about the design of TC on how to handle different realms.

I'm looking at the way realms are handled in TC. I'd like to know
why realms have to be "registered" (for lack of better word) with
MBeanFactory, and have to be "manually" created in there? By
looking at the way this is done it can be easily factored out
into deployment descriptor files. That way, customized
realms (which are still derived from RealmBase as they are
right now) can  be added much more easily.

Is there any plan for this?

Developer comments please?

rgds

csp