tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteAdapter.java
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:25:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteAdapter.java

> keith@apache.org wrote:
> > keith       2003/07/02 17:16:49
> >
> >   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
> >                         CoyoteAdapter.java
> >   Log:
> >   Allow * as a valid url
>
> Errr, ok, well, that's a possibly risky patch. I think that does get
> mapped to the root context and its default servlet (and the servlet path
> should be "*").
> I verified a "/*" security constraint mapping matched this URL.

I've checked this briefly.  It looks Ok to me.  The original problem was
with:
$ telnet localhost 8080
OPTIONS * /HTTP1.1
Host: localhost:8080

Previously this would generate a 400 error.  Now it generates the correct
values for the OPTIONS with a (correct) 200 response.