tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/modules/cluster/src/share/org/apache/catalina/cluster/session SimpleTcpReplicationManager.java
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:03:01 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/modules/cluster/src/share/org/apache/catalina/cluste
r/session SimpleTcpReplicationManager.java

> Bill Barker wrote:
> > Now, if we could only convince the Jasper developers of this ... ;-).
>
> Tag pooling is definitely not the same situation and use case as session
> pooling. Tag pooling *is* useful in many cases.

Just not in my use case (where it s*cks :-).  This is actually the last
thing that I have to modify the source in 4.1.25 to get it to work-for-me.
If it was actually configurable for a <jsp-page> servlet (without copying
all of the JspServlet's init-params into my servlets, and rendering myapp
hopelessly unportable), I'd be happy as well.

Needless to say, I haven't figured out a way to do this in the Catalina API,
or I'd have done it long ago ;-).