tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Neil" <l...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.24 implementation of javax.servlet.ServletContext is not complaint with the J2EE version 1.3
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:51:49 GMT
The "getResourcePaths" is supposed to return null if (and I quote)
"there are no resources in the web application whose path begins with
the supplied path"
(http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/ServletCont
ext.html).

EXAMPLE

Thus say I had a .war file with the following contents:
/default.jsp
/welcome.jpg
/WEB-INF/web.xml

getResourcePaths("/default.jsp/") should return null but it does not
(which is in violation of the specification).

It does correctly return the empty set for
getResourcePaths("/default.jsp") and lists the stuff for
getResourcePaths("/") but without the null return WORKING (as specified
in the specification) there is no way of telling if the argument even
exists as a resource. This is kind of a bummer for the filter I'm
writing.

Anyway, hopefully this should be a quick fix for the next version.

Thanks,
Neil