tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From pmat...@freemail.it
Subject Apache Tomcat 4.1.24 logging question
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:07:45 GMT
Hello,

  I'm a brand new user of Apache Tomcat 4.1.24 (on windows 2000), and I have a question.

First of all, forgive me if this is trivial, but investigating the source, and various web
resources, I was not capable to find the answer, so I hope you can help me.

I saw that Tomcat has a different log for each deployed web application.

And I also saw that there is a log (example: localhost_log.2003-06-14.txt) that is the server
log.

I wrote a class that does some stuff, I jarred it and I've put it in the "endorsed" directory.
It is important, for me, that this class is loaded from that directory
(it is not relevant, for the sake of my question, to tell you why; just take it as a "must").

Well, how can I do to write to the server log from within that class ?
More precisely, which "import" and APIs must I use ?

Thank you very much !!

Ciao !
Matteo
pmatteo@freemail.it