tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Cassidy" <david.cass...@db.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Instances of Tomcat on a Single Server
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:24:20 GMT

Terry,

This is more of a tomcat users type question but,
it's rather easy to do you just need to ensure you change the port numbers that tomcat uses
in each different instance.
just copy the base install area 3 times, change the port numbers and it's done.

David

                      taf@pgmguild.com

                                               To:       tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org

                      10/06/2003 05:13         cc:

                      Please respond to        Subject:  Multiple Instances of Tomcat on a
Single Server
                      "Tomcat

                      Developers List"

I'd like to run more than one (well, two anyway) instances of Tomcat on a server, one for
each of two different domains.

I'd also like to run a 3rd instance for testing.

I'd rather not configure things with an Apache server on the front end, but use the Tomcat
web server.

I tried to search the list archive, but get Internal Server Error displays for the search,
help, and options buttons.

Can you point me to a doc item on how I could go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Terry Fuller
taf@pgmguild.com