tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [5.0] fileupload 1.0 RC 1 API breakage
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:53:05 GMT
>FileUpload.setRepositoryPath(String) and FileItem(String) were removed from
>the fileupload RC 1 release, which breaks the Tomcat 4.1.x and 5.0.x build.
>The first method has no apparent replacement (but I didn't try to dig
>around).
>
>This is clearly an unacceptable situation from the Tomcat perspective :-(
>I'm hoping there can be positive solutions to the problem ...

There is absolutely no API guarantee between beta releases.  Martin has
posted several messages to commons-dev about the changes and has apparently
even posted a patch for Tomcat.  Instead of complaining about one broken
build you should be thanking Martin for being the sole developer on
FileUpload.

David