tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [5.0] JARs handling, and other 5.0.3 changes
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:39:32 GMT

Hi,

>All that as part of an effort to reduce Tomcat memory footprint (to
make
>it more suitable for large scale deployments),

I'm just curious how the two go together?  Wouldn't large-scale
deployments care less if tomcat's memory footprint was larger?  It's
typically the small (micro, on chips, PDAs, etc.) scale deployments that
care more about memory footprint, no?

I support both goals (memory footprint reduction and making tomcat
better for large scale deployments), just curious about the above.

BTW -- I've emailed pmc@jakarta.apache.org with the results of my
committer vote for commons-modeler.  Hopefully that'll get put through
soon and I can push a commons-modeler-1.1 release.

Yoav Shapira