tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Palle Girgensohn <gir...@pingpong.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk && multiple slashes reveals jsp code
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:50:45 GMT
--On onsdag, juni 25, 2003 11.16.02 +0200 Henri Gomez <hgomez@apache.org>
wrote:

> Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When using mod_jk and apache13:
>>
>> JkMount /app/*jsp ajp13
>>
>> will redirect requests like http://server/app/foobar.jsp to tomcat, just
>> fine.
>>
>> But, http://server//app/foobar.jsp will not be catched by JkMount, and
>> apache will send the jsp source code to the browser. Of course, a
>> rewrite can hinder this, but is it really meant to be this way? Is it
>> just me having problems?
>
> Didn't have such behaviour with mod_jk 1.2.4 and tomcat 3.3.1a, got
> a 404 instead.
>
> BTW, I'm using
>
> JkMount /app/* ajp13

That's a different rule, match rule instead of suffix rule. The same code
is responsible, though. If you get a 404, it is apache that cannot find the
file you try to access for some other reason. The request never gets to
tomcat. I too get 404 with that rule when accessing servlets this way, but
I get jsp source code.

Problem is that mod_jk only does a strncmp and never bothers to check for
anomalities in the URL. The mod_jk design never cares about this problem,
which is strange. It is coded this way on purpose. It not a bug, it is a
design flaw. :(

/Palle