tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.0.3] Tag soon, 5.0 release plan
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:07:10 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Howdy,
>

>>complete. What's missing is better docs, and lots of tweaks and fixes.
>

> I'd like to help with the docs.  Can you prioritize what docs you think
> need work (or need to be written from scratch)?  I actually have tomcat
> commit access already, so there should be no delay like with
> commons-modeler ;(

Sure. Well, I was thinking writing new docs on "setup and run" would be
useful.
It's not only the basics. It should talk about using commons-daemon to
run on Unix, and other stuff.

Other docs about the new features are welcome also:
- new monitoring features (JMX, how to use MC4J with TC, etc)
- updates for the deployer tweaks and improvements
- etc

I think any useful docs will help, so feel free to contribute whatever
you'd like ;-)

Remy