tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets DefaultServlet.java
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:49:52 GMT
funkman@apache.org wrote:
> funkman     2003/06/16 18:31:12
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/conf web.xml
>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
>                         DefaultServlet.java
>   Log:
>   - Allow a site (webapp) wide xslt transformation for look (real file name)
>   - Allow per directory xslt transformation for customized look
>   - Allow a readme file to be rendered with the directory listing
>   - fix typo in row color when trying to gray bar lines
>
>   Any suggestions on not making globalXsltFile a real file but still
>   cross webapp app friendly?

Good idea (the readme is very Apache like; I like it), but IMO the code
is a bit too complex for what it wants to achieve. To access a resource
(such as the XSL stylesheet and readme file), you don't need
ResourceInfo (which is a placeholder for many things other than the
binary content). You should do a lookup on the resources DirContext,
cast that to Resource, and use getContent (and if somehow it returns
null, fall back to using streamContent).

Remy