tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core StandardContext.java
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:04:03 GMT
remm@apache.org wrote:
> remm        2003/06/15 06:10:41
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core
>                         StandardContext.java
>   Log:
>   - Move context descriptors to
>     $CATALINA_BASE/conf/<engine name>/<host name>, as proposed by Glenn.
>   - This should make the feature secure, and I think there's no justification
>     anymore for the deployXML flag.
>   - Note: The manager webapp may need a few updates, which are in progress.

I haven't had a chance to review the code yet. I have a question about removing the
deployXML flag.  In your redesign will the ability to install a {context}.xml file
using an ant task or the web application manager still be available?  If so, then
for security the deployXML flag would still be needed.

Regards,

Glenn