tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Gonzalez <man...@zentense.com>
Subject Problem displaying accents in Tomcat
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:16:55 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with tomcat 4.1.24 with displaying vowels with accents
and special spanish characters such as &ntilde;.

The scenario is the following :

    - I have deployed a servlet application that accesses data on a
MySQL database. The problem is that when displaying characters with
accents or &ntilde; they all appear as a question mark. But the fact is
that they are correctly saved on the database, so the problem is not
with the JDBC.
    - I am using Tomcat as a Stand-alone so, is acting as web server also.

    - The fact is that the same application has been running on Apache
(Apache-tomcat) with no problem on displaying any character, but now I
need it to be running directly on Tomcat as a web server.

    Any idea on what can be the problem, I am a bit desperate with this,
I've been trying to find the solution for a long time now

            Thanks very much in advance

                        Manuel

        manuel@zentense.com