tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [book] How Tomcat Works
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:50:42 GMT
budi wrote:
> Dear Tomcat Developers,
> I've been using Tomcat for years. It interested me so much that last year I spent three
months reading the source code. I learned a lot, not only about how the servlet container
works but also how to design Java applications in general. I particularly liked the idea of
valves and pipelines, as well as the hierarchical containers. Knowing how Tomcat works enables
one to write better servlets too, IMO.

> I decided to share what I have learned in a book titled "How Tomcat Works".

Sounds great :)

I'll obviously add a link to your book on the resources page, and I'll
look at it when I have some time.

Remy