tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteRequest.java
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:03:54 GMT
Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
> Yes, your explanation makes sence. I will look at the tag code to see
> what I can find.But the exception also occurs when tag pooling is set to
> off.
>
> If the tag has a bug/not well designed, I still think the app should not
> fail with an NPE but with an IllegalSomething exception.The
> CoyoteRequest object shouldn't be set to null when the client still have
> some reference to it.

Can you build a test case for the issue ? That would be easier than
trying to guess what's going on (and it must be an obvious bug if
there's a bug, like for the input stream reading from the char buffer
...). You've got to be able to reproduce it without using JSPs or tags
if it's a valid bug, right ?

-1 about the NPE change. I don't want to add null checks in every method
to handle the one broken webapp. This doesn't make any sense.

Remy