tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteRequest.java
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:27:47 GMT
jfarcand@apache.org wrote:
> jfarcand    2003/06/06 12:04:51
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>                         CoyoteRequest.java
>   Log:
>   Revert the patch until I come with a better solution.

I'd like to be convinced there's a bug here ;-)

Look: When you access the request, getRequest will create a new facade
if there's none.
It will then be cleared and nulled only on recycle, which only occurs at
the end of the request processing (or there's a bug).

If your tag has incorrect pooling and keeps a reference, it could work
very well without a security manager, but it's an accident (you're
accessing a random underlying request). With a security manager, the
request object becomes invalid after the request, and you get the NPE on
the second request. The second request thing is a usual symptom of a bug
with tag pooling.
Do you have the source of the tag, BTW ?

Remy