tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: [5.0] More dependencies
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:12:31 GMT
When I was testing with the HttpAdapter and Sun's JMX 1.2ri, on shutdown of
tomcat the JVM did not die. If I removed the jar - all was OK. (But of course
I lost HttpAdapter functionality) Does anyone know if Sun's HttpAdapter
creates non-daemon threads? Of course the problem might be in tomcat too, I'm
sorry for not doing much debugging on this yet.

Unfortunately, I was using cygwin and you can't get JVM stacktraces with cygwin.

Time permitting, I will try testing this on linux box tonight to see what
threads are keeping the JVM alive. (Or *gasp* - go back to using the bat files)

-Tim