tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: [5.0] Commons dependencies
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 17:33:32 GMT
Jan Luehe wrote:
> Remy & others,
>>Here's the list of the components which will need to be released as
>>stable before Tomcat 5.0 gets stable. I'm associating a proposed "owner"
>>for the component, based on past interactions with the components.
>>- el: Core JSP 2.0 feature; this is a critical component, and needs to
>>get released simultaneaously with Tomcat 5; I think a RM is needed for
>>that component [Kin-Man, Jan, Craig ?]
> I'll take this one. What exactly does being a RM involve?

In order:
- post a release plan (and have people vote)
- tag and release a beta
- fix BZ items
- propose and vote for a final
- tag and release a final

There are plenty of examples on how to package a release in commons,
since there are so many components having already been released.

If everything else fails, do what people usually do: ask Craig :-D

> commons-el currently has version 1.0, and it's been tagged with
> TOMCAT_5_0_2.

Well, as far as I am concerned, commons-el 1.0 does not exist yet ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message