tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: [5.0] fileupload 1.0 RC 1 API breakage
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:38:05 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> I posted a patch to the Tomcat-Dev list yesterday which should fix this
> problem. Apparently, nobody on the Tomcat-Dev list paid any attention to
> my post. The methods in question have been deprecated for some time.

I have not seen the patch email on tomcat-dev.  Perhaps its in the moderator
queue.  BTW, use of FileUpload was implemented in Tomcat once there was a
Beta release of FileUpload. So the API must have changed since the Beta release.

> I have gone out of my way to help FileUpload clients avoid exactly this
> kind of issue. It really ticks me off to see this kind of message, when I
> have gone to great lengths to make sure that the clients I know about are
> made aware of the changes before they happen.

Thats great that you performed notifications to known clients.  :-) Somehow
Tomcat slipped through the cracks.  :-( I don't recall seeing anything about
this on the Tomcat list.  I wlll admit that I subscribe to commons-dev but
often don't keep up with messages related to the code bases there I am interested in.

> Get your own act together, Tomcat developers, before you start pointing
> the finger at those of us who really try hard to maintain compatibility
> across Jakarta projects.

Was this really necessary?  The email below went to both the commons-dev and
tomcat -dev lists.  If Remy was pointing the finger at anyone, it was at his
fellow Tomcat Developers.  Thats how I interpreted it.

We (tomcat devs) will fix use of FileUpload in Tomcat and move on, no big deal.

Regards,

Glenn