tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteRequest.java
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:33:39 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteRequest.java

> Bill Barker wrote:
> >>I'm -1 on this patch unless you can explain what the bug exactly was,
> >>and how the recycling couldn't properly reset the facade.
> >
> > I'm not really happy with the patch either.  I'll postpone adding my
(since
> > it's the second, binding) -1 until you provide a better explaination.
>
> Well, I have no idea what the bug report mentioned looks like, so I
> can't provide a real evaluation. However, what I'm now pretty sure about
> is that the patch is possibly unsafe.
>
> Note: AFAIK, one -1 is enough.

I've had plenty of solo -1s ignored :).  I understood the rule as "more -1
than +1 with the committer assumed to +1".  Then, again, I'm not big on
rules, and that's for the PMC to work out anyway ;-).

Reading Remy's comments, I'm giving my official -1 (so, even with my
interpretation, this must be reverted unless you can convince someone to
change their Vote).